Saturday, February 13, 2010

Fake-a-gamo

My mom's friend Anna is a knitter, like me.  She's cute as a button and sharp as a tack, like my mom.  Anna knits beautiful purses and has a friend who sews the linings.  Her final products are really somethin'.  Last summer she shared a pattern with me, and it's one of my favorite projects of all time.  It's for a knock-off of a Ferragamo handbag, appropriately dubbed a "Fake-a-gamo".  The pattern I followed was once posted here but I can't find it anymore!!  This link gives you some basics, and this has some FAQs.  If you go on ravelry and search for Fake-a-gamo, you can probably find a more complete pattern.

Mine came out like this:


I loooove it.

A closer look at the stitch pattern:


When my fiance and I were in San Fran this summer, I found a vintage fabric shop in Haight-Ashbury where I bought the material that I used for the lining...


I found the bamboo handles on etsy.  I'm working on a second, in midnight blue.  It's gonna be a gift, but I can't say for who.  Big secret!

No comments: