Sunday, April 11, 2010

Moc-a-Socs

If "adorable" could walk around on two feet, it would definitely wear these booties!  I was hoping that my finished product would be as precious as the photograph on the pattern...and I think I got pretty close!  This pattern is from bekahknits.com and can be downloaded for a small price - totally worth it!  I'm going to start a baby girl version today...stay tuned!  I love that my friends are expecting little munchkins.  Knitting for babies is tons of fun.






These were made on US 2 needles and are started by knitting flat, then seaming up the back and bottom.  The inner sock is added by picking up stitches around the moccasin opening and knitting in the round with 4 dpns.  I used a machine washable sport weight wool from a Norweigan company called Dale.  The sock is made from a fingering weight yarn so that the gauge is a little bit tighter.  This way the little suckers don't fall off your baby's kicking feet!  So smart.  So cute!

No comments: