Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Yarn Garden

Big trouble!! I've stumbled upon a new LYS (local yarn shop)!! And it's awesome and adorable. It's called The Yarn Garden and is on Elm Street in Meriden, CT. If you weren't looking for it, you might not see it - it is literally tucked into a cottage-like home in the middle of a quiet neighborhood. But what a gem! It is cozy and friendly and is chock-full of scrumptious yarns. They also have a huge library of patterns that are nicely organized. I've been there twice in the past week and have picked up some really good stuff!

1. simple knits for cherished babies - by Erika Knight

I have a lot of preggo friends...and am loving knitting baby stuff. This book is a staple for baby-knits and I'm excited to tackle some of the patterns inside.

2.  Baby boutique by Plymouth Yarns - soft and silky, but still durable (and machine washable!).  I'm using it to knit a super cute sweater for one of my BFF's baby, who is on the way :)  I'll post the pattern and photos when I'm all done.  I don't want to ruin any surprises!

3.  Namaste - If you are looking for a hip, trendy way to carry around your knitting stuff, check out the bags and accessories made by Namaste. I bought a cute carrying case for my dpns called the mini cozy, from the "Cali collection'. Love it!

4.  You might die when you see how cute these baby booties are - Toddler Merry-Jane and Toddler Moc-a-soc.  I can't wait to start a pair.  I bought the patterns at The Yarn Garden, but you can also buy them online and they'll be delivered to your email in 24 hours, in a PDF file.  This is a great way to order patterns.  You can save them on your computer, and print them when/if you need to.  A good way to knit green!

Thanks Yarn Garden! See you again soon!

No comments: